We are an addiction service based in Winchester.
We work with anyone impacted by drugs, alcohol, gambling, shopping and Internet addiction. There are many facets involved in addiction that include:
- Domestic Violence
- Mental Health
- Social Anxiety
- Workplace stress
- Family work
We offer face to face and online services. Currently we are only offering online services due to the Corona Virus.
Although many people think of physical dependency and daily use we very much focus on the psychological aspect of addiction and habitual patterns of misusing. You don’t necessary have to be displaying these behaviours on a daily basis. Only you will know when drugs, alcohol or gambling are a problem.
We do emphasise the importance of being ready to change. Please see more about this on the assessment stage.
Qualifacations and Experience
For the past 15 wonderful years, I have been privileged to have worked with young people and adults in Individual, Couple, Family, and Group Therapy settings. My work has predominately involved drug and alcohol misuse and mental health, which can be a challenging but rewarding area to work in. I have seen strong, good people beat their demons, and have witnessed them living new lives with enhanced mental health, free of addiction.
Alongside Mental Health and Substance Misuse I have also had experience in working with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Trauma, Bereavement , Relationships and teenage issues.
- BA (Hons) Counselling Humanistic/Integrative - Middlesex University
- Dip HE counselling Humanistic (Gestalt) Counselling - Winchester University
- Member of FDAP (Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practitioners)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
- Introduction to Counselling
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Mental Health/Dual Diagnosis
- Group work Trained
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy
- Mindfulness for Distressing Psychosis
- Intervening with Deliberate Self Harm
- Integrated Risk Taking With Yong People
- Alcohol Awareness
- Understanding Attachment in Adults and Children
- Working with Suicidal Clients and Self-Harm
- Positive Behavioural Change
- Behavioural Couple Therapy
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Victims of Sexual Abuse and Childhood survivors
- Working Creatively
Ready to find out more?
I’d love to hear from you. Contact me today!